The Adobo is an all purpose spice blend that is used in many Latin American recipes. This is the version I created for day to day use. There are many different versions out there and the level of spiciness may vary depending on the region.
I like to keep my Adobo low heat and I make it with no salt. That way I can customize the dish as needed. This recipe is perfect for chicken, pork, sauces, beans and many classic Latin recipes.
Easy to make all purpose spice blend used for many Latin recipes. Low heat, low salt and no preservatives. Use it for chicken, pork, beans and sauces.
- Mason Jars
- 4 tbsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried parsley pulse a couple times to make it finer
- 1 tbsp dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingrediens together. Add to seasoning jar, label and date it.
- Goodness in/Goodness out – use good quality spices for best flavor. I like to buy bulk spices at Costco. They have good quality and organic options.
- I usually make it enough for a month or so. Fresh is best.
- This makes a great gift idea. Pack it in small containers with a spoon. Your friends will love this personal gift. (make sure to label with ingredient statement or refer them with a link to this blog post).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!