If you are having a churrasco or feijoada this side salsa is a must. Vinagrete (Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa) is very popular in any churrascaria in Brazil and there are so many different versions of it. In the south of Brazil, where I am from, we don’t use any high heat peppers so this salsa is pretty mild as far as spiciness but yet so full of flavor. The Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa goes right on top of your rice, beans and farofa plate making this combo a match made in heaven (or on this case, in Brazil).
Feel free to also use this delicious salsa over beef, chicken and – why not – corn chips.
Vinagrete (Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa)
- 1/4 red onion about 1/3 cup diced
- 3 green onions about 1/3 cup diced
- 1 small green pepper no seeds and diced
- 1 small yellow pepper no seeds and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes no seeds and diced
- 1 tbsp oregano (dry)
- 1 ts salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let is stand room temp for about one hour before serving so flavors can blend in together.