Vinagrete (Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa)
The Brazilian "Pico de Gallo". Chopped peppers, red and green onions and tomatoes with a vinegar dressing.
- 1/4 red onion about 1/3 cup diced
- 3 green onions about 1/3 cup diced
- 1 small green pepper no seeds and diced
- 1 small yellow pepper no seeds and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes no seeds and diced
- 1 tbsp oregano (dry)
- 1 ts salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp red vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
A typical Brazilian Vinaigrette is not spicy. If you like to add some heat you can add a chopped jalapeno or a tbsp. of Tabasco sauce. I usually leave the heat on the side so people can add per then own tolerance.
If serving it with feijoada, you can add 1/2 cup of the feijoada sauce (drained/no beans) to the vinaigrette.